Stolpman Vineyards, Sauvignon Blanc, Ballard Canyon, Santa Barbara, California 2020
100% Sauvignon Blanc
FAT, EXOTIC & AROMATIC. QUINCE, APPLE, GRAPEFRUIT
Sashi Moorman continues his tendency towards hyper-modern winemaking with Stolpman’s wines. Here, two separate lots are made in distinct styles then blended together. The first 90% is fully ripe and juicy, made in stainless steel tanks. The remaining 10% (from a different site) is whole berry fermented, then aged on the skins in oak to add more texture and aromatics. Once blended, they form this decadent, juicy, exotic creature!
Serving Suggestion: This ultra-rich wine cries out for fusion cuisine. Scallops seared in sesame oil w/ mango-red onion salsa & drizzled pesto.