Giacomo’s Salumi -Pepperoni 1/2 Stick, Greensoboro, NC
Traditional spicy pepperoni made right here in NC.
Ground anise and cracked red pepper flakes give this handmade pepperoni its spice. This meaty Italian specialty boasts of a full flavor not masked by fat and fillers.
Care instructions for your artisan salami:
1) Once you open the plastic wrapper, never put the salami back in any type of plastic wrapper or it will mold.
2) Only peel back the casing as far as you plan on eating in one day. When you are ready to serve again, cut off a slice of the dry end that was exposed.
3) This is a coarse grind salami, so we recommend slicing it as thinly as possible with a very sharp knife. Translucently thin if possible!
4) Do not refrigerate the salami after opening it. It is cured, and will dry naturally in the open air. We recommend hanging it above your sink as it releases a small amount of natural pork grease.
5) As the salami ages, it will become more firm and flavorful in an old world style. Enjoy!!